Sr. Manager Accounts Receivable
Pay Rate: $40-$50/hr DOE
Start Date: ASAP
6-9 month contract
We are looking for an A/R Manager to join our fast paced and rapid growth company. In this role, you will oversee a team of Billing & Collections Specialists. You will report to the Director of Accounting and will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the accounts receivable department which includes billing and collections. You will be responsible for the month-end and year-end close process and ensuring that the close is performed accurately in accordance with documented policies and with strict adherence to deadlines. You will manage the activities of the collections group to maintain favorable aging statistics as directed and defined by senior management.
- Perform thorough review of staff work to ensure accuracy of billing data.
- Work with our Order Management team on any issues that may arise in the billing process.
- Maintain an accurate and clean aging report, ensuring that cash and credits have been applied and processed in a timely manner
- Work with customers directly on any accounts that need escalation.
- Review the aging for uncollectible accounts and recommend/approve write-offs within approved limits
- Assist with analysis and preparation of bad debt reserve
- Assist with the compilation of month-end reporting packages
- Participate in year-end financial statement audit and quarterly reviews, periodic bank audits and other audits that the Company may be subject to
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and accounting policies
- Assist with streamlining existing procedures with the goal of implementing ""best practices"". Suggest improvements to current processes where needed
- Maintain AR department staffing to efficiently and effectively accomplish the departments day to day tasks, as well as its broader goals and objectives
- Work with the international teams to ensure practices are consistent globally.
- Train, manage and mentor staff to promote internal growth and employee retention
- Perform miscellaneous ad-hoc research and reporting and other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3+ years prior AR/ Collections supervisory or managerial experience
- Moderate proficiency with Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Knowledge of NetSuite and Salesforce are a plus
- Strong knowledge of accounting concepts and primarily fundamentals of revenue recognition
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and a minimum of 5+ years of continuous accounting experience, including hands-on management
- High Tech, specifically the software industry experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to provide superior customer service and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external parties
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality
- Strong analytical skills; exposure to receivables related ratio analysis and accounts receivable reserve analysis
TargetCW is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief, or sexual orientation.