Manufacturing Production Supervisor
Location: Hercules, CA
Pay Rate: $45hr (Weekly pay!) + Benefits
6 month Contract ( Potential for extension)
Full-time: 4x10hr days M-Th (off Fridays!) 6am-4:30pm- possible overtime
Our client is a global team of innovators, leaders, creators, builders, and problem solvers. They develop state-of-the-art instruments and reagents for life science research laboratories and healthcare facilities all over the world. Together they are helping people everywhere live longer, healthier lives. They are looking for Production Supervisor to join their team!
Supervises front-line employees in a chemical/reagent manufacturing or instrument assembly environment. This position plans and assigns work to direct labor personnel, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions within established delivery, quality, compliance, safety, budget and cost standards.
- Supervises production assembly and packaging according to established processes, techniques and policies.
- Schedules, assigns and manages the daily activities of a team.
- Monitors employee performance and prepares and communicates performance reviews.
- Coaches and trains personnel in their duties.
- Assists in the development of documentation procedures.
- Responsible for meeting key metrics such as production schedules, quality standards, production yields, cost targets and the like.
- Monitors processes and makes adjustment to stay within schedule, budgets and established targets.
- Participates in a variety of standing meetings.
- Communicates priorities, performance results and objectives to team members.
- Troubleshoots production issues and escalates as appropriate.
- Participates on project teams as needed.
- Provides skilled technical and process guidance for resolution of production problems.
- Develops objectives to meet production requirements, quality standards, control scrap, cost and budget targets.
- Prepares operating procedures and standards that are reviewed by management.
- Provides input and assists with the establishing of annual budgets.
- Tracks expenses against budgets.
- Controls expenses.
- Addresses customer concerns.
- 5-7 years Manufacturing production experience, preferably in a regulated environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years of supervisory experience in production manufacturing
- Experience to assigns work to direct labor personnel, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures
- Knowledge of inventory management, demand flow technology, production processes and related technologies.
- Experience in meeting key metrics such as production schedules, quality standards, production yields, and cost targets
- Experience to provides skilled technical and process guidance for resolution of production problems.
- Experience to develop objectives to meet production requirements, quality standards, control scrap, cost and budget targets.
- Previous experience to tracks expenses against budgets.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Computer skills in relevant applications.
- Relevant certifications or training a plus.
- Pass background and drug test
Please send your resume. Thank you!