Business Financial Manager
On-Site in Carlsbad, CA
Start ASAP - 6 month contract
Potential for extension/conversion
Current Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one Required
We are looking for a Business Financial Manager to join our Space and Defense company. We have an immediate need to hire someone with the skills and experiences listed in this job description, specifically with knowledge and experience in Government Accounting. Please note that an Active Security Clearance is required. If you feel like you are a good fit, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
- Providing Business Financial Management (BFM) support by performing various financial functions which include budget recommendations, auditing, forecasting, and analysis support services.
- Providing financial and cost management support, performing financial analysis support, providing business strategy and risk assessment support, and assisting in funding document receipting, impacting, and tasking to the FST and various FST sub-team leaders.
- Providing strategic and business planning data programming assistance in support of the F/A-18 FST’s various workload tracking databases. These efforts include basic recurring analyses and reports of task assignment, status, overall priority, and metrics.
- Performing analytical and evaluative work requiring a comprehensive knowledge of: (1) theory and principles; (2) financial and management organization, operations, and practices; (3) pertinent statutory or regulatory provisions; and (4) related basic economic, accounting, and legal principles.
- Perform or advises on work in any of the phases of budget administration such as budget formulation, cost estimating, review and evaluate budget requests, control and reporting of obligations. Implement legal and regulatory controls over approved budgets. Perform variety of other fiscal, accounting or financial management duties and responsibilities.
- Assisting with development of appropriate acquisition documentation regarding financial interest items.
- BS or BA degree in a Business, Management or "Relevant Technical Discipline." ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: An AS or AA degree and an additional four (4) years of experience; OR an additional eight (8) years of experience may be substituted for a BS or BA degree.
- Current Secret clearance is required
- At least four (4) years financial management experience, two (2) of which must be within DoN.
- Financial management experience should include financial analysis of business programs, development of cost estimates, program status reports, and knowledge of DoD Federal Management Regulations (FMR), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), PPBE process and two years of DoN procurement policies and procedures. Navy ERP knowledge is required
TargetCW is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief, or sexual orientation