Software/Data Engineer (W2 ONLY)
San Francisco, CA (remote for now)
18 Month Duration
*W2 ONLY, NO VISA SPONSORSHIP
We are the world's leading live streaming platform for gamers and the things we love. We make it possible to watch, play and chat with millions of other fans from around the world. We are looking for a Software/Data Engineer to join our team ASAP!
Our Ad Prod team is looking to hire an experienced data engineer. This position is focused on empowering staff throughout our organization to use and trust our advertisement data for financial reports. Your responsibilities may range from maintaining and enhancing our data warehouse which acts as sources of truth across the company, driving data quality across product departments and teams, building self-service business intelligence infrastructure for reporting, and connecting into data interfaces that allow finance and other functions to discover and analyze the data. In the process, you will work with technical and non-technical staff members throughout the company.
- Keep existing data sources fresh against data quality issues, design, develop and maintain data quality assurance framework and improve the processes for developing new ones raising the level of quality expected from our work.
- Conduct unit, integration, and system tests on our data sources to validate data against source systems, and optimize performance to improve query speed and reduce cost.
- Design, build and maintain a set of trusted data assets for a product or a group of products.
- Act as our team’s thought leader for defining data telemetry, storage and ETL processes.
- Partner with Analytics, Product and Engineering teams to understand data needs.
- Write software code and data solutions that are high quality and comprehensible.
- Have rigor around data architecture best practices:
- Balance customer requirements with technology requirements.
- Be proficient in a broad range of data design approaches.
- Be judicious about introducing dependencies.
- Create flexible data solutions without over-engineering.
- Understand how to be efficient with resource usage (e.g., system hardware, data storage, query optimization, AWS infrastructure etc.)
- Have knowledge of engineering and operational excellence best practices. Be able to make enhancements that improve data processes (e.g., data auditing solutions, management of manually maintained tables, automating, ad-hoc or manual operation steps).
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering, software engineering, or other related roles.Preferably in the consumer internet or gaming space, or working with a high-velocity, high-growth product / business.
- 3+ years in relational database concepts with a solid knowledge of star schema, SQL, SQL Tuning, OLAP, Big Data technologies
- 3+ years of experience maintaining data pipelines from multiple data sources, in collaboration with diverse partners.
- Experience with best practices for development including query optimization, version control, code reviews, and documentation.
- Proficient in SQL -- comfortable working with complex joins, window functions and writing SQL for aggregations.
- Experience working with Amazon Webservices, S3, EMR, Redshift etc.
- Experience in coding languages like Python/Java/Scala
- Experience building aggregates, optimizing data workstreams and maintaining data pipelines
- Comfort working independently, prioritizing projects, and managing stakeholder expectations across teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Obsessed with data quality and a strong belief in test driven development
- Experience in SAP integration is a big plus
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED!