Title: Systems Hardware Engineer(Electrical)
Location: Tempe, AZ 85284
Local or must be able to relocate
Permanent: Full-time + Excellent compensation
Our client is global communications company that believes everyone and everything in the world can be connected! For more than 30 years, they have helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and military around the world communicate.
As the Systems Hardware Engineer(Electrical), you will be responsible to ensure the reliability of next generation Geo-Stationary (GEO) satellites. You will interface with all engineering teams and management to craft in reliability during all phases of a satellite’s lifecycle starting from design to end-use.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Perform reliability analysis and develop reliability models of sophisticated space systems.
- Conduct detailed failure modes effects and criticality analysis (FMECA) of the satellite design, identify critical failure modes (and other risks) and work with the project team to develop appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Incorporate physics-of-failure (PoF) based concepts and methodologies to proactively improve reliability.
- Contribute to failure review board (FRB) activities, lead root cause investigations, recommend corrective actions and provide creative solutions to mitigate failures.
- Communicate results and any reliability risks to program team and management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or allied sciences,
- 2+ years of experience as a Hardware, Systems, Reliability or Quality Engineer
- Must have strong experience in electrical or electronics background.
- Hands on experience in criticality analysis (FMECA- Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality) and root cause analysis
- Experience in space mission assurance or satellite is a plus but not required
- Proficient in reliability block diagram analysis and reliability prediction methods
- Some knowledge of RF, power, digital electronics or mechanical systems.
- Fundamental understanding of reliability concepts and experience in reliability analysis
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills (ability to influence, lead and mentor teams)
- US citizenship is required.
Bonus if you have below:
- Proven track record to drive detailed failure analysis activities to root cause swiftly.
- Familiarity with Physics of Failure (PoF) concepts and application.
- Ability to work with and influence design teams and leadership.
Please send your resume. Thank you.
TargetCW is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief, or sexual orientation.