IT Deskside Technician
Redwood City, CA 94301
90K-100K Annual Salary
The deskside technician for this site will be responsible for all infrastructure related tasks for this site including but not limited to user workstation setup and onboarding, Network troubleshooting, Asset management, User administration and general deskside assistance. This role will have the key responsibility for optimal operation of infrastructure at our New Jersey office and for the experience of our commercial field users.
- Being effective for, and building trust with, end users.
- Supporting remote/ On-Site end user infrastructure needs.
- Driving global and local projects to success.
- Manage IT assets in collaboration with Global IT.
- Collaborate with IT support across all sites for continuous process improvement.
- Knowledge management for New Jersey Site
- Provide IT helpdesk 1st/2nd level support and escalation.
- User setup, onboarding and troubleshooting of end user equipment.
- Troubleshooting and Support where necessary of network infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting and Support of office Audio Visual needs.
- Administration of users, devices and security systems.
- Maintain IT documentation for infrastructure, desktop support and equipment.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Good knowledge of system imaging and preparation for end users.
- 5+ years of experience in IT technical positions (IT Support, Network administration, Server administration or other IT relevant positions)
- Proficient in Windows operating systems currently supported by Microsoft.
- Strong knowledge of Printer/Scanner installation, configuration and support.
- Excellent communication skills and provide excellent service
- Structured, analytical and independent work approach
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong working knowledge of workstation and server level hardware and technologies
- Willing to take initiative and be a great team player
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Strong working experience with ServiceDesk tools with attention to detail.
- Strong experience with Audio Visual systems.