Title: Technical Accountant
Location: Remote: Must work PST hours
Pay: $50-$60hr (Weekly pay)+ plus equity and bonus once converted
4 month contract (Temporary to turn permanent)
Our client is seeking a top tier candidate to tackle the Company’s technical accounting and SEC reporting and complexities. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, self-motivated team player with a very strong interest in U.S. GAAP, SEC regulations and internal controls and who thrives in an exciting environment with minimal supervision. This role is an individual contributor initially reporting to the Sr. Director of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting, but with day to day responsibilities assigned and managed by both the Manager, SEC Reporting and Sr. Manager, Technical Accounting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support all close and SEC reporting related activities;
- Populate and assist in preparing the period financial statements (10-K and 10-Q) and related footnotes, other SEC filings (e.g. Form 8-K, Form S-8, and proxy statement) and reporting packages;
- Prepare and maintain supporting schedules and documentation for the financial statements and own tie-out process, including ensuring that analyst presentations and other materials are consistent with SEC filings;
- Implement and maintain compliance with SOX, including documentation of processes and procedures for external reporting and other functions;
- Assist in research of accounting standards, especially as they relate to disclosure requirements;
- Partner closely with the operational GL accounting team, FP&A, and legal to properly assess the impact of signficiant transactions for financial statement disclosure;
- Assist in the documentation of company accounting policy manual;
- Prepare the monthly cash flow statement; and
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as assigned
- CPA/CA/or equivalent accounting certification. Candidates in final stages of certifications will also be considered
- 4+ years direct experience on external reporting and Technical Accounting responsibilities with a public company
- Big 4 experience is required
- Requires previous SEC reporting/public company experience
- Must have experience working with deadlines and ability to execute tasks smoothly
- Advanced Excel skills (Vlookups, tables, etc)
- High-tech industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Some experience with NetSuite and Workiva helpful but not required
- Experience solving, documenting, and appropriately communicating technical accounting issues;
- Previous experience with Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form S-8, Form S-3, proxy statements, prospectuses, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines, all while maintaining exceptional attention to detail;
- Exhibits pride of ownership and sets and adheres to uncompromising quality standards for deliverables;
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to learn new systems and processes quickly;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization, from clerical staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties.
Please send your resume. Thank you.