Reefer Technician – Casa Grande, AZ
Pay is $22 - $30 per hour (DOE)
Tuesday – Saturday, 6:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Military Veterans Wanted
Job requirements may include, but not be limited to:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and perform preventative maintenance and repairs on refrigeration units and trailers, minor repairs on door seals, hardware, electrical, mud flaps, routine telematics repairs, and minor body work
- Work outdoors from a service truck to safely perform required inspection and repairs
- Inspect and repair components, including refrigeration unit for missing or loose body parts, loose belts, oil leaks/level, coolant leaks/level, perform a pre-trip diagnostic, fuel tank and brackets, and reefer shoot/bulkhead
- Read and follow electrical schematics and other technical literature
- Utilize computer system (Mechanic’s Work Station/TMT/TMW and internet) to accurately create, track, and complete work orders, including charging out parts, completing labor lines accurately, and describing the repairs completed
- Estimate required repair times
- Communicate with internal clients (i.e. other shop associates, Drivers, Driver Managers, other maintenance shops) on stances, wait times, reasons for repair decisions and status updates
- Be willing and able to assist other technicians with reefer and trailer repairs
- Perform proper safety protocols and procedures, including use of protective equipment, and maintain a safe work area in accordance with company policy
- Ability to diagnose and repair unit per alarm codes
- Other duties as assigned
Job qualifications may include, but not be limited to:
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong mechanical aptitude. Must be.
- Technical reading aptitude (i.e. electronic service bulletins; repair manuals).
- Basic soldering/welding skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge relative to the importance of diagnosis and repair versus parts replacement.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to provide own tools.
- A High School Diploma, or GED is required
- A minimum of two years prior experience in Mechanical Refrigeration field, or an equivalent combination of formal/technical education and directly related experience is required
- 608 certification is required
- Successful candidates must be 18 years of age or older, with a valid driver’s license
- Experience with Thermo King product is preferred
- Class A License is preferred
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION