Shop Supervisor – Laredo, TX
Pay is $55K - $65K per year (DOE)
Tuesday – Saturday, 3:30 PM – 12:30 AM
Military Veterans Wanted
Job requirements may include, but not be limited to:
- Oversee the daily repair and maintenance operation of tractor, trailer and reefer units at our Laredo, TX maintenance facility.
- Promote strong Safety Culture and ensure a safe work environment.
- Ensure efficient and quality service.
- Provide technical guidance as necessary during repairs.
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems and metrics necessary for measuring all aspects of operational management and development.
- Manage training and professional development of onsite personnel.
- Develop and deliver individual performance reviews. Provide “Coaching for Performance” leadership to all employees.
- Provide timely communication to employees through shop meetings and written formats.
- Ensure a timely and accurate repair order and billing process is in place.
- Be primary point of contact for driver resolution concerning repair issues.
- Work independently and with little direction. Multi-task and manage multiple projects and initiatives.
- Understand expense tracking, budgeting and basic accounting principles and using this understanding to drive efficient financial performance.
- Manage projects from the task level up with the consistent goal of on-time and on-budget performance.
- Gain clear understanding of the work needed and drive tasks to on-time completion.
- Communication is essential in this position. The ideal candidate will keep all parties apprised of expected completion times & dates. Each person is a customer and must be treated as such. Follow-up is critical to keep internal and external customers informed and updated on maintenance status. Written communication is essential to the job and must be handled well. E-mail, memos, and letters should be professional and respectful at all times with a clear and concise message.
- Cultivate and maintain excellent relationships with site and division managers. The successful candidate will embrace this culture and easily integrate into the flow.
- Manage vendor issues and ensure that repairs are done on time and within cost constraints. Be comfortable providing direct, honest feedback that holds vendors accountable.
- Ensure compliance with our Preventive Maintenance Inspection Program
- Ensure DOT inspection compliance
- Monitor vehicle service failure history, identify trends, and develop actions to prevent failures
- Ensure compliance to applicable environmental regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job qualifications may include, but not be limited to:
- 5+ years’ experience with Heavy Duty Vehicle Maintenance
- Proven Operations Management experience
- Experienced in vendor relations
- Experienced in multiple shift shop management
- Experienced in financial controls and budgeting
- Computer experience required
- Must be very detail oriented and organized with an ability to effectively multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and the required drive to see the entire Team succeed
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION